Saturday, October 14, 2017

What's the Best Gun Holster for a Glock 43?

With nearly five years as the undisputed market leader, Glock at long last provided Gaston a glass of something and got their G42 .380 pistol out on the market. The Glock 42 was a success  on its own, but the people sought a 9mm, and they wanted it badly. With the success of the G42, the G43 followed in short order ready to stand upon the popularity of the Glock brand.

The G43 operational controls are classic Glock, through and through, with a focus on the Gen 4 architecture. The slide stop is located on the left, though one would argue its now just a authentic slide stop. Its placement and small dimension aren't ideal for a release. The magazine release is square and reversible for a lefty shooter. Everything else is just traditional “Glock” , from the feel of the polymer frame to the Tenifer finish on the frame and slide. The extractor doubles as a loaded chamber indicator and the sights are standard Glock stock sights. Sadly, Glock opted not to equip the G43 with a picatinny rail.

The pistol tips the scales at slightly less than 18 ozs unloaded. Its all round length is 6.26" having a height of 4.25" at the rear sight when a flush fitting magazine is installed. This particular gun has technical specs as being 1.02"  wide, but the only point on it that is legitimately 1.02"  specifically at the slide lock. The slide is only 0.87" wide, even though the frame is between 0.90"  and 0.92"  depending on the measurement location.

The sighting system is standard Glock layout with a front white dot and a rear u-shaped sight. On a personal level, I’ve never really been a fan of the Glock standard sights, finding them challenging to quickly acquire in low-light situations. I recommend replacing them out for something with night sights.

My one minor complaint with the G43 is the same issue I've got with most every Glock handgun, only much more with the G43, and it's this: the grip surface is useless. Glock says that“the aggressive texture of the grip lets the shooter more easily operate the pistol”. While I understand the marketing concepts behind the Glock line (of which, I am a big fan), for me personally, I find the grip texture sorely lacking. My personal opinion would be that the Glock 43 9mm needs either an additional rubber or tacky grips, or a stipple job.

I really like the G43, and I have spent a fair amount of time running drills and shooting plates. As with most Glock models, I have to slightly modify my grip to the grip angle if I have been shooting other handgun brands.

Listed here are a number of frequent holster related inquiries that I've seen mentioned in different gun discussion boards regarding the Glock 43:

#1 - Can I use my G43 into the exact same gun holster as my Glock 43?

The fact is that, the G43 will not fit into a holster expressly produced for the Glock 42. The G43 is larger and features different proportions in comparison to the smaller Glock 42.

#2 - Where can I find a holster to fit my Glock 43 with a laser mounted to it?

The response to that question is determined by what laser version or laser light model is mounted on the G43. Presently, Glock isn't offering a factory laser or light option so all the existing laser or light choices for the Glock 43 are aftermarket choices. The most common aftermarket brands of lasers that are offered for the G43 are Crimson Trace, LaserMax, and Laserlyte. All these brands provides a distinct laser and each has distinctive dimensions so a quality holster will need to be specifically made to fit the Glock 43 and that specific laser to ensure a good fit. There's a link towards the bottom of this write-up that leads to an excelletn location to purchase these types of speciality holsters for the Glock 43.

http://www.gunnersalley.com/glock-43-holster/

No comments:

Post a Comment